Each full PiggyBac transgenic mouse project is divided into the following phases:
1. PiggyBac transgenic strategy design
2. PiggyBac transgenic vector construction
3. PiggyBac transgenic pronuclear injection
4. PiggyBac transgenic mouse screening
Preparation of DNA for injection and development of a genotyping strategy
The success of PiggyBac transgenic production depends critically on the design and the quality of PiggyBac vector used in pronuclear injection. Accordingly, we employ a special protocol to design and prepare top-quality PiggyBac vectors for our injections. A PCR-based genotyping strategy will be developed and tested.
Generation of PiggyBac transgenic founder mice
- PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain founders, basic service: A minimum of 400 eggs (C57BL/6) will be injected to produce live animals. This will result in an average of 3-4 transgenic founders, but the actual numbers could fluctuate significantly, and it is possible that no founders are obtained. If you wish to ensure the generation of founders, we strongly recommend that you use our guaranteed service option (see below).
- PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain founders, guaranteed service: We guarantee a minimum of 4 PiggyBac transgenic founders (the actual number of founders obtained is typically higher). We will inject as many eggs as needed to fulfill this guarantee.
-Genotyping pups to identify founders: Pups will be genotyped by PCR to identify PiggyBac transgenic founder mice following the strategy designed by Cyagen scientists.
We typically produce transgenic mice in C57BL/6 strain backgrounds, but we may be able to offer other strains to accommodate your special research needs.
Cyagen will fully refund the client’s service fee if animals specified in the project are not generated – the best guarantee in the industry (except for genetic modifications severely affecting viability, morbidity, or fertility).
|Service||Donor egg strain||Price||Turnaround time|
PiggyBac transgenic strategy design
|Transgenic vector construction
|Please inquire||2-5 weeks|
|Prepare PiggyBac DNA for injection and develop genotyping strategy||$450||1-2 weeks|
|PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain founders, basic service||C57BL/6||$4,950||8-10 weeks|
|PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain founders, guaranteed service||C57BL/6||$6,950||8-16 weeks|
|Genotyping pups to identify PiggyBac transgenic founders||$350||1 week|
If you find another commercial service provider that offers better pricing than ours, we will match the price plus an additional 5% off.
Standard payment terms include a 50% upfront payment before the project, and the remaining 50% plus shipping charge paid after completion of the project. If you need us to design your transgenic strategy, we will provide this service for free irrespective of whether you end up choosing us for your project.
We offer up to a 10% bulk discount for large orders. Large orders are defined as 5 or more projects from the same institution. If you bundle your orders with those of your colleagues, you can all qualify for the bulk discount.
Products are shipped from our Santa Clara, California facility. For mouse shipments, the shipping charge includes courier cost plus a $100/crate handling fee. DNA constructs or fixed/stained embryos are shipped at room temperature, and the charge includes courier cost plus a $10 handling fee. We typically use World Courier to ship live mice and FedEx for other shipments.
All animal work is conducted in our specific pathogen free (SPF) facilities that have been AAALAC accredited.
Our animal health status is on par with or exceeds the requirements of most animal facilities at major research institutions. Animals are tested quarterly for a range of pathogens. Please click here for a list of pathogens excluded from our facilities.
Please click here to view a map of customers who have used Cyagen before worldwide.
Please click here for a list of publications that have cited Cyagen.
We consider all reagents and animals resulting from our services to be the customers’ property. All information regarding our services, including customer identity and contact information, is kept confidential.