PiggyBAC transgenic mouse embryos provide high and consistent expression of a transgene, improving model data reliability for research of human diseases and drug treatments. Our new PiggyBac transgenic mouse embryo service can deliver to you single-copy transgenic embryos with more consistent expression of your transgene. This proprietary transgenic method has three major advantages over other transgenic approaches:
(1) Integration occurs as a single copy at each integration site. By contrast, in conventional transgenics, there are typically multiple copies integrated in tandem at each integration site. The presence of multiple copies can interfere with the expression of the transgene, and may even induce silencing.
(2) The integrated fragment is defined, namely only your desired transgene sequence is integrated. No vector backbone sequence is integrated, nor is there any loss of your transgene sequence. By contrast, in conventional transgenics, the transgene may integrate along with extra vector backbone sequence, or the transgene sequence may be partially eroded.
(3) Due to the above reasons, transgene expression using our PiggyBac transgenic method is much more reliable and consistent as compared to conventional transgenics. This is confirmed by our data.
Each full PiggyBac transgenic mouse project is divided into the following phases:
The success of PiggyBac transgenic production depends critically on the design and the quality of the PiggyBac vector used in pronuclear injection. Accordingly, we employ a special protocol to design and prepare top-quality PiggyBac vectors for our injections. A PCR-based genotyping strategy will be developed and tested.
- Plasmid injection to obtain PiggyBac mouse embryos, basic service: A minimum of 100-150 eggs (C57BL/6) will be injected. Embryos will be retrieved from surrogate mothers at the stage you specify (typically within the E10.5-E16.5 window) for subsequent processing. This will result in an average of 3-5 transgenic embryos, but the actual numbers could fluctuate significantly, and it is possible that no transgenic embryos are obtained. If you wish to ensure the generation of PiggyBac transgenic embryos, we strongly recommend that you use our guaranteed service option (see below).
- Plasmid injection to obtain PiggyBac mouse embryos, guaranteed service: We guarantee a minimum of 6 PiggyBac transgenic embryos for plasmid injection (the actual number of transgenic embryos obtained is typically higher).
- Genotyping and lacZ staining of PiggyBac embryos: Embryos will be genotyped by PCR. All embryos, regardless of genotype, will also be fixed and stained for lacZ expression.
|Service||Donor egg strain||Price||Turnaround time|
|PiggyBac transgenic strategy design||Free||1-4 days|
|Transgenic vector construction
|Please inquire||2-5 weeks|
|Prepare PiggyBac DNA for injection and develop genotyping strategy||$600||1-2 weeks|
|PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain embryos, basic service||C57BL/6||$3,750||5-7 weeks|
|PiggyBac plasmid injection to obtain embryos, guaranteed service||C57BL/6||$4,250||5-10 weeks|
|Genotyping and lacZ staining of PiggyBac transgenic mouse embryo||$350||1 week|
Note: For PiggyBac transgenic mouse embryo services not listed above, please inquire about availability and pricing. The turnaround time above does not include the time for obtaining host institution’s approval for mouse importation, nor transit time during shipping.
We typically produce transgenic mouse embryos in C57BL/6 strain backgrounds, but we can use other strains per your request.
Cyagen offers the best guarantee in the industry – we will fully refund the client’s service fee if animals with the specified genotype are not generated (except for genetic modifications severely affecting viability, morbidity, or fertility). Given the complexity of biological systems, a particular genetic modification may not result in the desired phenotype. As such, Cyagen's guarantee covers the creation of animals with the specified genotype, not a particular phenotypic outcome in terms of transcription, protein/RNA function, or organismal biology.
Please see below for supporting information related to Cyagen animal orders.