Gene Aliases: TRA, TRA@
Mouse Status: Homozygous knockout mice are developmentally normal and fertile
T-cell receptors (TCRs) recognize foreign antigens that have been processed into small peptides and bound by the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) on the surface of antigen-presenting cells (APCs). Each T cell receptor is a dimer consisting of either an alpha chain and a beta chain, or a delta chain and a gamma chain. The TRA gene encodes the TCR alpha locus.
Homozygous mice with Tra knockout (KO) will lack the αβ T cell receptor and the thymus lacks CD4+CD8- and CD4-CD8+ cells, which retains about 1.5% of thymocytes that express the T cell receptor γδ.
Knockout of Trac gene (Gene ID: 100101484) exon 1-3.
Immunology; Inflammation; Autoimmunity Research.
• Detection of T cells in the thymus of Tra KO mice
Figure 1. Detection of T cells in the thymus of Tra KO mice
• Detection of T cells in blood and spleen of Tra KO mice
Figure 2. Detection of T cells in blood and spleen of Tra KO mice
The results showed that Tra KO mice lacked αβ T cell receptors after knockout of Tra gene, and the thymus did not develop CD4+CD8- and CD4-CD8+ single positive cells. Given that T cells include αβ T cells and γδ T cells, of which γδ T cells account for 0.5-5% of all T lymphocytes, the residual CD3+ T cells may be γδ T cells.
Cyagen can provide you with a variety of drug evaluation models along with phenotype analysis services – delivering reliable and expedient data reporting for your project.
Request a quote now. Alternatively, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-921-8930 to inquire about our services or obtain a quote for your project.
● 15+ years' experience in custom animal model generation
● 78,000+ animal models generated and delivered worldwide
● 6,200+ citations in SCI journals
● 3,000+ university and company partners
● 100% money-back guarantee option available for most services
● AAALAC-Accredited and OLAW Assured