Characterization of Cells：
1. Cell Activity:
- Recovery Viability ≥ 50%.
- After approximately 2 days in culture, the cells will form clear dendrites and axons.
- Cells can survive in culture for as long as 13-16 days.
2. Cell Purity:
- MAP2-positive cells ≥ 70%.
- β-tubulin III-positive cells ≥ 70%.
Tested negative for bacteria, fungi, and mycoplasma.
Delivery and Storage:
- Frozen cells are shipped on dry ice.
- Upon receipt, if no dry ice is left in the package, thaw and use cells immediately.
- If there is dry ice left in the package, store it in liquid nitrogen immediately upon arrival.
- When stored at the recommended storage conditions, components are stable up to the expiration date.
- Do not expose to elevated temperature.
OriCellTM Sprague-Dawley (SD) Fetal Rat Hippocampus Neurons have a finite lifespan in vitro. Cyagen warrants its cells only if suggested media are used and the recommended protocols are followed. The cryopreserved neurons are assured to be viable and functional when thawed and maintained properly.
Intended for non-human laboratory research use only.