Get Your Conditional Knockout & Knockin Mice as Fast as 6 Months!Our new TurboKnockout® service can provide you with conditional knockout mouse models, reporter knockin mouse models and humanization mouse models as fast as 6-8 months. This proprietary gene targeting method is enabled by two innovations:
(1) A super competent ES cell line that generates 100% ESC-derived founder mice rather than chimeras, eliminating the need to screen for germline transmission.
(2) A selection cassette on the targeting construct capable of removing itself after ES cell targeting without the need to breed to Flp deleter mice.These innovations eliminate two generations of breeding, shortening production time by 5-6 months as compared to industry standard. For conditional knockouts, it may be possible to breed founders directly to your tissue-specific Cre mice. All projects are backed by our full money-back guarantee – no animals, no charge!
Each full gene targeting project is split into the following phases:
1. TurboKnockout® gene targeting strategy design
2. TurboKnockout® targeting vector construction
3. Targeting in ES cells
4. TurboKnockout® mouse production
|TurboKnockout® targeting strategy design||Free||1-4 days|
|Construction of TurboKnockout® gene targeting vector||$8,950||8-14 weeks|
|Gene targeting in ES cells||$12,950||8-14 weeks|
|Karyotype ES cells to ensure correct chromosome number||$350/clone||1-2 weeks|
|TurboKnockout® mouse production||$8,950
(we will inject as many ES cell clones as needed to fulfill our guarantee)
|Optional: Breeding founders to obtain F1||Please inquire*|
* You can choose to receive F0 founder animals and perform their own breeding to F1 mice. To ensure the successful generation of F1 mice and germline transmission, breeding of F0 animals require adherence to Turboknockout® breeding protocol, which will be supplied to you. You can also choose to have Cyagen perform F1 breeding, which adds 1-3 months to the projected turnaround time. You can choose to breed F0 founders to wildtype mice or to other stains such as Cre deleter strains of your choice; additional service fees may apply.
Note: For special knockout/knockin services not listed above, please inquire about availability and pricing. The turnaround time above does not include the time for obtaining host institution’s approval for mouse importation and transit time during shipping.
Cyagen offers the best guarantee in the industry – we will fully refund the client’s service fee if animals with the specified genotype are not generated (except for genetic modifications severely affecting viability, morbidity, or fertility). Given the complexity of biological systems, a particular genetic modification may not result in the desired phenotype. As such, Cyagen's guarantee covers the creation of animals with the specified genotype, not a particular phenotypic outcome in terms of transcription, protein/RNA function, or organismal biology.
If you find another service provider that offers better pricing than ours, we will match the price plus an additional 5% off.
Standard payment terms include a 50% upfront payment before the project begins, and the remaining 50% plus shipping paid after completion of the project. If you need us to design your targeting strategy, we will provide this service for free irrespective of whether you end up choosing us for your project (other companies typically charge a few thousand dollars for this service).
We offer up to a 10% bulk discount for large orders. Large orders are defined as 5 or more projects from the same institution. If you bundle your orders with those of your colleagues, you can all qualify for the bulk discount.
Products are shipped from our Santa Clara, California facility. For mouse shipments, the shipping charge includes courier cost plus a $100/crate handling fee. Cells are shipped on dry ice, and the charge includes courier cost plus a $45 handling fee. DNA constructs are shipped in E. coli at room temperature, and the charge includes courier cost plus a $10 handling fee. We typically use World Courier to ship live mice and FedEx for other shipments.
All animal work is conducted in our specific pathogen free (SPF) facilities that have been AAALAC accredited and OLAW assured. For details information, please visit our support section for Description of our Facility, Animal Health and Animal Welfare Program.
Please click here to view a map of customer who have used Cyagen before worldwide.
Please click here for a list of publications that have cited Cyagen.