Genetic Background: NOD
Coat Color Loci: Tyrc
● The SCID mutation has been introduced onto a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse background
● Congenital T and B lymphocyte immunodeficiency.
● Due to the NOD background, the activity of natural killer (NK) cells is decreased.
● Does not develop diabetes.
Phenotype Information and Application:
● NOD SCID contain multiple unique immunodeficiencies which together provide an excellent system for the reconstruction of human hematopoietic cells, serving as an important model for HIV-1 (human immunodeficiency virus 1) research and gene therapy.
● An important tool for cancer research into increased incidence of tumors, especially for lymphomas and thymic tumors.
● Life span shortened to about 8-9 months, due to lethal thymic lymphomas
Health Standard: SPF
Cyagen can provide you with a variety of drug evaluation models along with phenotype analysis services – delivering reliable and expedient data reporting for your project.
Request a quote now. Alternatively, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-921-8930 to inquire about our services or obtain a quote for your project.
● 14+ years’ experience in custom animal model generation
● 50,000+ animal models generated and delivered worldwide
● 4,000+ citations in SCI journals for our services
● 3000+university and company partners
● 100% money-back guarantee option available for most services
AAALAC-Accredited and OLAW Assured