Genetic Background: NOD
Coat Color Loci: Tyrc
● The SCID mutation has been introduced onto a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse background
● Congenital T and B lymphocyte immunodeficiency.
● Due to the NOD background, the activity of natural killer (NK) cells is decreased.
● Does not develop diabetes.
Phenotype Information and Application:
● NOD SCID contain multiple unique immunodeficiencies which together provide an excellent system for the reconstruction of human hematopoietic cells, serving as an important model for HIV-1 (human immunodeficiency virus 1) research and gene therapy.
● An important tool for cancer research into increased incidence of tumors, especially for lymphomas and thymic tumors.
● Life span shortened to about 8-9 months, due to lethal thymic lymphomas
Health Standard: SPF